Susannah Place is a row of 4 terrace houses and shop, built of colonial bond brickwork. The basements are cut into the bedrock of the sloping site, The brickwork of the Cumberland Place elevation and the splay to the south western corner have been rendered. However, there is evidence of painted shop signs below the base coat of render. All other brickwork is face brickwork which is painted. Window sills, parapet copings and upstands are of dressed sandstone.
As the site is sloping, Susannah Place presents as a two-storey brick facade to Gloucester Street and three-storeys to Cambridge Street and Cumberland Place. An inscription on the Gloucester Street (western) elevation reads 'Susannah Place Anno Domini 1844'.