Susannah Place is built of colonial bond brickwork an a rock-faced sandstone site. The basements are cut into the bedrock of the sloping site, The brickwork to the Cumberland Place elevation and the splay to the south western corner have been rendered. However, there is evidence of painted shop signs below the base coat of render. All other brickwork is face brickwork and painted. Window sills, parapet copings and upstands are of dressed sandstone.
The site is sloping, and therefore, Susannah Place presents a two storey brick facade to Gloucester Street and three storeys to Cambridge Street and Cumberland Place. There is an inscription on the Gloucester Street (western) elevation which reads 'Susannah Place Anno Domini 1844'.