The Metcalfe Bond comprises two adjacent buildings, both simple bond stores in the functionalist tradition with timber post and beam interior construction. Exterior walls are of load bearing red brick with minimal darker brick outlines.66-76 George Street: The older of the two buildings, built in 1912, comprises three storeys to George Street and five to Hickson Road, seven bays long with a stucco parapet.
Openings on ground and second floors are semi-circular in shape.78-84 George Street: Located south of the earlier building and built in 1916, also of three storeys to George Street, five to Hickson Road but nine bays long. The parapet is stepped, dividing the façade into three large sections. All openings are rectangular with two prominent string courses between the first and second floors.