Shop - Zia Pina Pizzeria

93 George St
The Rocks, NSW 2000

Following acquisition of the land by Frederick Unwin, it was leased to Michael Gannon, a former convict, who constructed a building on it, and a hotel on the corner site next door, in the early 1840s. Gannon's buildings were demolished in 1890 and replaced by the present buildings, with No 93 being slightly narrower than the previous building on the site.

No 93 has been continuously occupied and used for commercial purposes since then, with alterations to the building especially at the rear. It was among the early properties to be conserved by the Sydney Cove Redevelopment Authority, following the Green Bans which halted the proposed wholesale demolition and redevelopment of The Rocks area

93 George st, 2010
93 George st, 2010
93 George st, 2020
93 George st, 2020

Other places