Shop

73 George St
The Rocks, NSW 2000

The building at 73 George Street, The Rocks was originally constructed as a public house in 1842. It has historical significance as a greatly altered but identifiable example of the early development in the precinct and Sydney. The building provides evidence of the changing uses pattern and development history of The Rocks by its uses as: public house; Salvation Army, Naval and Military Home; the Ambulance Station; and the Ken Duncan Gallery.

These consecutive adaptive reuses of the building illustrate the redevelopment of The Rocks, and Sydney since the Colonial period to the present day.

73 George st, 2010
73 George st, 2010
73 George st, 2020
73 George st, 2020

Other places