Shop & Residences

149 George St
The Rocks, NSW 2000

It was erected in 1913 as 'Quay Chambers' and is also a face brick three storey building with typical Federation period characteristics; face brick, sandstone banded dressings and keystone and gabled parapet.In 1914 to 157-159 George Street Nathan Jacobs erected the New York Theatre. The New York Theatre was demolished in 1937.

This site was acquired by the Public Transport Commission in 1946 and the City Circle Railway was opened in 1956. In the late 1980s the site was developed with a large commercial historic building erected behind 145-155 George Street whilst the facades of the buildings were adapted.

149-151 George st, 1970
149-151 George st, 1970
149-151 George st, 1980
149-151 George st, 1980
149-151 George st, 2020
149-151 George st, 2020
149-151 George st, 2001
149-151 George st, 2001
149-151 George st, 2010
149-151 George st, 2010

Other places