The site at 107-109 George Street is a place of high archaeological research potential. The extensive surviving fabric has the ability to yield information on early building techniques as well as the way of life for the inhabitants. The building was built by baker Patrick Freehill in 1860. Freehill's children were educated as solicitors and formed the law firm still bearing their name.
The rear section of the property incorporates the ground floor sandstone wall of a former two-storey stables/bakehouse. Should sub-surface archaeological resources remain intact, the site is likely to yield important evidence of material culture relating to occupation back to the Sydney Hospital of 1790 and earlier Aboriginal cultural occupation.